Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cindy and Windy at D.C. War Protest

From The Sydney Morning Herald, Photo courtesy of Reuters
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo removed for humanitarian purposes

Standing alongside anti-war movie star Susan Sarandon, she (Sheehan) told the rally: "I'm wearing my son's [army] jacket. I always wonder if he was wearing it when he was killed. I search the back for bloodstains but the stain will always be on my heart," she said.

Ms Sheehan, who will be in Australia next week, told reporters afterwards that Mr Howard and Mr Bush were "fools".

"I am going to be rallying the Australian people, who I know are overwhelmingly against George Bush and this war.

"Quit supporting my country and supporting crimes against humanity. You don't spread peace by killing people."

Sarandon concurred. "Stop supporting Bush and the war crimes," she said.

"It's not working. No matter what you think their role is, it's not happening. So before you sacrifice anyone else you should pull out."

Does the word 'traitors' come to mind?

No comments: